DISN213 - iLL Audio - Know No Boundaries (Instrumentals)
About this release
After a series of explosive singles on Distinctive, iLL Audio a.k.a Rob Blake delivered his debut album titled 'Know No Boundaries' this spring. After high demand, Distinctive Records is pleased to announce an instrumental version his debut, showcasing this accomplished young producers' skills to a tee.
'Know No Boundaries' fuses elements of Drum and Bass, Dubstep, Breaks and Reggae with the cathartic power of rock, accompanied by moody orchestral motifs and tribal sensibilities. Blake's keen ear for live-sounding beat programming, huge riffs and high-energy synth work bring all these facets together to create an album that is truly vast, cinematic and powerful.
The opener 'Nibiru' is a lesson is tension development. Brooding strings and splashes of percussion lead bold tribal rhythms into the darkest recesses of orchestral bass culture. Cuts like the dubbed-out 'Divide and Rule' arrive like shards of sunlight amongst an otherwise dark and emotive pallet. The title track 'Know No Boundaries' is fierce , focused and technical dubstep, whereas 'Remedy' is a 3-part exercise in cross-genre pollination. There's half-time beats at the beginning, leading into Muse-esque arpeggios, a rock fuelled DnB mid section and back to half time. It's busy, exciting and spilling with energy and ideas.
'Know No Boundaries' is a diverse piece of work that mirrors our desire of multiple styles and musical tribes, our thirst for more, be that a good or bad thing. It's an ode to technology, the power of contemporary music and above all the evolution of the hardcore continuum and dance music as a whole.
1. Nibiru. Written by R.Blake. Strings performed by City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. Additional string arrangement by Pete Whitfield
2. Let It Roll ft Alex Varags. Written by R.Blake and A.Vargas.
3. Divide & Rule ft Akala & Dan Bowskill. Written by R.Blake, K.Daley , D.Bowskill. Sax by Heather Hoyle. Backing vocals by Sian Sanderson. Strings performed by City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.
4. One Man War ft Alex Varags. Written by R.Blake and A.Vargas. Guitars by R.Blake.
05. Riddle Riddim Ft Dan Bowskill. Written by R.Blake and D.Bowskill. Sax by Heather Hoyle.
06. Number 13. Written by R.Blake. Strings performed by City of Prague Philharmonic orchestra. Additional string arrangement by Pete Whitfield
07. Know No Boundaries. Written by R.Blake.
08. Remedy. Produced by R. Blake. Vocals by A.Primrose
09. Chase Ft Roots Manuva. Written by R. Blake, R. Smith, D. Bowskill. Trumpets by Angus Moncreif
10. Stand Up! Ft Bluey Robinson. Written by R. Blake, B. Robinson
11. Never Be The Same Ft Skin. Written by R. Blake, D. Dyer.
12. 404 Ft Sian Sanderson. Written by R. Blake, S. Sanderson. Strings performed by City of Prague Philharmonic orchestra. Additional string arrangement by Pete Whitfield
Produced by Rob Blake
Mixed by Rob Blake @ Area Undisclosed, London UK.
Mastered by Eugene Rasini @ Retreat Media
Published by Dharma Songs
(p) 2013 Distinctive Records
(c) 2013 Distinctive Records